Would you like assistance with writing an abstract or guidance on where to submit your manuscript? Do you want help editing your article? The NIH Library offers classes, services, and resources to guide you through your entire writing, editing and publishing process.
In July, the NIH Library is offering a series of classes intended to help you write and publish successfully. All classes are offered online via WebEx. Learn more and register through the links below:
- Identifying Scientifically Sound Journals for Publication, July 6, 1:00–2:00 pm
- How to Write an Abstract, July 8, 12:00–1:00 pm
- Tables, Charts, and Figures for Publication, July 9, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Biosketch: Telling Your Research Stories, July 12, 11:30 am–12:00 pm
- Statistical Considerations in Preparing Your Paper, July 13, 10:00–11:30 am
- How to Write a Research Paper: Part 1, July 15, 1:00–2:00 pm
- Copyright and Plagiarism: What Authors Need to Know, July 16, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- How to Write a Research Paper: Part 2, July 19, 1:00–2:00 pm
- Tips for Creating Scientific Posters, July 22, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Copyright and Plagiarism: What Authors Need to Know, July 26, 1:00–2:00 pm
The NIH Library Editing Service provides free, light and medium manuscript editing, assistance with selecting a journal, suggestions for responding to peer review comments and more. Get started by submitting an Editing Request, or request a consultation with a librarian to discuss your specific editing needs.
The NIH Library provides access to online tools to help you with your writing and publishing needs:
- EndNote: download EndNote for free from the NIH Library and use it to manage the references in your manuscript
- Journal Citation Reports: find a journal's impact factor or identify alternative journals for your manuscript submission
- A.M.A Manual of Style: ensure your manuscript follows the styles established to support the medical and scientific publishing community
- Chicago Manual of Style: access the style manual used primarily by those working in literature, history and the arts
Contact us today and let us know how we can help you with your writing, editing and publishing needs.