This year the U.S. Postal Service will institute a temporary price increase for their retail parcel products for the 2021 peak holiday season. Price increases went into effect on October 3, 2021 and will remain in place until December 26, 2021.
These temporary rates will keep the Postal Service competitive while providing the agency with the revenue to cover extra costs in anticipation of peak-season volumes.
The price increase include:
Priority Mail (PM), Priority Mail Express (PME), Parcel Select Ground and USPS Retail Ground:
- $0.75 increase for PM and PME Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes.
- $0.25 increase for Zones 1-4, 0-10 lbs.
- $0.75 increase for Zones 5-9, 0-10 lbs.
- $1.50 increase for Zones 1-4, 11-20 lbs.
- $3.00 increase for Zones 5-9, 11-20lbs.
- $2.50 increase for Zones 1-4, 21-70 lbs.
- $5.00 increase for Zones 5-9, 21-70 lbs.
To find the zone of your intended destination you can use this handy zone lookup tool.
A full list of retail pricing can be found on the Postal Service's website.